One of the most common stains that happens to carpets come from spilling bleach and it is very difficult to get out! And if not treated quickly will permanently leave stains but we have some tips to help!
Immediate treatment can sometimes be the deciding factor when it comes to removal. Once the bleach touches the fiber of the carpet it already starts to strip away the colors. Use this solution to help lessen the damage.
- As soon as you notice the bleach stain, immediately blot it with water and paper towel. Be careful not to scrub or rub the bleach, as this could worsen the stain.
- Mix ¼ tsp of mild dish soap with 1 cup of warm water.
- Pour the solution over the bleach stain and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- Once the stain has dried, rub it with a cloth or sponge, working from the outside in so you don’t spread the stain.
- Rinse with cold water and dry.
If you react fast enough you might be able to get the entire stain out.
Professional Carpet Repair
If a stain has already set in, cleaning it with the solution may be helpful but unfortunately, it won’t come out all the way and it may be time to start looking for a carpet repair company. You may be surprised to find out that most repair companies can switch out the spotted stained carpet and have it seamlessly blend in as nothing ever happened. Learn more about carpet repair services for your home.
If you are in need of any carpet repair services in Seattle or would like a free estimate contact us at Emerald City Carpet Repair today!